Saturday 15 October 2011

Allotment Birthday

The Annual Allotment Holders meeting is coming up - it's a whole year since I inherited plot 4a. I've learned a lot this year, with much more to learn in the future. 

It's been so satisfying eating our own potatoes, courgettes and onions since June. We've had a few lovely sweetcorn cobs, summer cabbages, spring onions, peas, broad beans also rhubarb and raspberries. There's been a good crop of butternut squashes too to enjoy over the coming months.

One thing I've learned (by watching my allotment neighbours) is that you can keep on planting broad beans and peas all spring and into early summer. 

I need to reorganise how crops are set out next year. I think rows will work better than beds - again after watching my neighbours. It's lucky that my plot is next to experienced growers.

No comments:

Post a Comment