Friday 13 April 2012

Cauliflowers!


What a wonderful...


...surprise!

Look what I found when I went to pull up my unsuccessful cauliflowers! Thanks to the recent rain I had two wonderful cauliflowers. One of the joys of tending my plot is surprises like this. 

Tonight we'll be having cauliflower cheese and for the first time in my life I'll be eating a cauliflower that I've grown myself!! I'm so happy!

The rain is pouring down now and so I'm leaving the other plants in the ground to see if any of the other flowers develop as well. This means that I've had to rethink the main crop potato plot as I intended to dig over the area where the cauliflowers are today...

With the help of my daughter the potato plot is now de-weeded and manured.


Weedy potato plot before...


...and after.

Another job done....


No comments:

Post a Comment