Monday 29 August 2011

Harvest and Weeds


Sweetcorn, courgettes, pattipan squashes and Desiree potatoes

In between trying to keep up with the weeds we've been enjoying our crops. I can hardly believe that the main growing season is nearing its end and it will soon be time to put large parts of the plot 'to bed' for the winter. If I had organised the planting more carefully this would be relatively easy but I've got plants all over the place! Next year I hope to do better.

The sweet potato plants are growing but I may have left it too late to put them in. There are squash and pumpkin plants sprawling everywhere. One of the pumpkin plants is producing striped fruit - pumpkin, or something else?? 



The bindweed and gallant soldier continue to march across the plot - it's a shame they're not edible.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment