Saturday 6 August 2011

Courgettes!!

I'll have to say goodbye to the sugar snaps - only four seeds have germinated and have been clobbered by weeds - mostly 'gallant soldier'. I had a major weeding session on Monday and Tuesday of this week and cleared the seed bed but only four straggly, sad plants have emerged. Not a success story.


The courgettes, however, are another story altogether - they are growing like mad. I've never had such good plants - must be the well-rotted manure doing its job because I've not done anything else to the soil.

And there's one of those 'gallant soldier' weeds smiling up at me too. I'll get you!

I've been eating courgette soups for the past several days - very soothing when you've got a summer cold, as I have at the moment. We've had sauteed courgette, steamed courgette and when I've bought the vinegar, we'll have courgette chutney..... and I must try some of these recipes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment