Friday 2 March 2012

Plans and Dreams

I bought a cold frame yesterday and will be attempting the self-assembly in the next few days and photos will follow. I haven't decided what I'm going to grow in it yet - I've never had one before - I'll probably just use it to get seedlings started off.


I also bought a long, plastic cloche. I intend to sow parsnip seeds tomorrow, weather permitting, and I'll put the cloche over the parsnip-strip to protect it from the forecasted return of winter.


This is such an exciting time of year, full of plans and dreams of bumper crops - before the reality of pests and drought kick in. One of my beds will be home to the Three Sisters; sweetcorn, squash and beans which, so I've read, love to be planted together. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.


This YouTube video explains the reasons for Three Sisters planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment