Wednesday 4 January 2012

Seed Review

I've been looking through my seed packets and checking the dates. At the moment I've got plenty of carrot, parsnip, sugar-snap pea, lettuce, beetroot, sweetcorn, leek, cabbage and dwarf bean seeds. 


There are enough pea seeds, Kelvedon Wonder, for one planting so I'll need to get more but might try other varieties.  


I'm trying a different winter squash and hoping I'll have more success with 'Uchiki Kuri'. According to the packet it's a 'teardrop shaped Japanese squash growing to approx. 1.5kg' and it should keep well.


I hope the 'Uchiki Kuri' grow because there are only 10 seeds in the packet! I had only one seed germinate from the packet of (expensive) winter squash seeds that I bought last year - and that plant produced one very small squash. Luckily the butternut squashes grew quite well so they have compensated somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment