Sunday 11 December 2011

Parsley and Bay

I've cleared the salad plot in the garden and discovered a lovely new parsley plant. I've taken away the weeds so now the parsley can grow without competition.


It's not a brilliant photo, I went into the garden a minute ago and snapped the parsley in the dark! Hurray for digital and flash.


Parsley recipes


I replenished my stock of bay leaves in the kitchen from the bay tree too. I read somewhere that bay leaves are best used after they have dried for 4 days because then the oils are more concentrated and the flavour will be good. This twig will hang on the cupboard door until it's been used up, when I will cut another one.






Our garden bay tree came from a Farmer's Market where I got it at a bargain price. It had been meant to be a standard with pretty, twisted stems but it had been forgotten and, as plants will, had carried on growing. So I snapped it up, put it in the garden and I can now supply family and friends with all the bay leaves they need. It was a couple of feet tall when I bought it and is now about 10 feet tall. So nice to wander down the garden for free bay leaves!

Bay leaf recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment